Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Super Power

Growing up as a little girl I was more interested in pink dresses and barbie dolls than I was in imagining I was super man with a power that could conquer whatever trouble comes my way. Although I never dwelled on the thought of being able to fly or fighting off dragons, I loved water and always pretended I was a mermaid swimming free in the open waters of a tropical ocean. Whenever I swam in water I pretended I had a shiny blue fish tail and pink shells. If right now I was granted the wish to have one power, providing an escape from reality, it would be to swim under the waves with no need to breathe air.
Another super power that I would love to have is invisibility. So many things would be possible if this power existed. I could travel wherever, whenever, not having to worry about my safety or the costs of planes and ships. It would be easy to listen in on secret conversations and stalk celebrities!

1 comment:

  1. Mikaela, I would have never guessed that your super power you'd want to have is to be able to breathe under water. I think it is a fascinating idea. I like how it's not one of the "typical" super powers. I also like how you described the water, before you even told us what the super power was, It left suspense!

    Great Job, on giving detail and being original!

    Maneek

    ReplyDelete