Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Parallel Structure

I have lived a breathtaking life, unlike any other; filled with triumph and success. I have climbed many mountains, run daring races, and saved countless cats from towering trees. I am not afraid to jeopardise my life to save others in need. For instance, if there was an old lady who's cat was stuck in a tree I would, bravely, find a ladder and save it for her. Needless to say, I do not need to continue raving about what a wonderful person I am, but I will go on so that others can enjoy the many wonders that make up my life. I save whales and spend long afternoons throwing dried starfish back into the ocean. I recycle plastics to such an extent that I am likely singlehandedly conquering the problem of ozone layer depletion. I pick up hitch hikers and drive them anywhere they want to go, even it means driving for days. I have fought off grizzly bears, to save a nest full of honey bees, armed with only a paper bag (made entirely of recycled materials). I earn money by babysitting needy children and donate my cash to Green Peace. The homeless sleep on my floor and I have an animal shelter downstairs. This is a very abbreviated list of my humane accomplishments, but it should give you an idea of what a gift I am to this world. I often wonder how it survived before me.

1 comment:

  1. Assignments are all well done. Lots of detail, ideas are creative. Clearly, you have edited each one carefully. Good work.

    ReplyDelete