Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Assignment 10: Letter of Concern

Jan.19/2010

321 Juniper Ave.
Penticton, British Columbia
Canada V0H 1K0

Mr. Kleats
Junior Soccer Coach
123 Main Street
Sportstown, British Columbia
Canada V2A 1W3

Dear Mr. Kleats,

My name is Mikaela Peters and I am the mother of Josiah, who is currently on your junior soccer team. I am thankful for the time you have committed to coach junior soccer but I have sat in on many practices and have noted some concerns I would like to bring to your attention.

When I drop my son off to soccer, we end up sitting in the vehicle for 5-10 minutes awaiting your arrival. I realize that soccer practice begins immediately after school lets out, but I would appreciate if you could arrive on time to your soccer practices. Furthermore, I have noticed how the team focuses more intently when your practices are more organized. I understand the position you are in can be stressful and disorganized with so many children and so little time but may I suggest making practice longer or having a member from your senior team help you coach junior soccer? I would appreciate if you could spend the same amount of one-on-one time with each of your players, whether they are the 'stars' or not. By doing this, you could help the whole soccer team's skills and then there wouldn't be so many children sitting on the bench during games.

Lastly, I would appreciate if you would refrain from using foul language and aggressive behaviour with the children. In my opinion, too much emphasis is placed on winning and not enough on having fun. My son rarely admits the fun in soccer as he feels over worked and stressed when he arrives home. I hope you understand where I am coming from and will take into account my concerns. If not, I feel it will be in the best interest of my son to not attend your team in the future.

Sincerely,

Mikaela Peters

1 comment:

  1. Excellent effort. Assignments are complete, detailed and polished. Good luck on the final.

    ReplyDelete